Tradelinks | Opportunities for micro-business in Ireland. A programme is designed for any micro-business (less than 10 employees) located in Northern Ireland or the Border Counties of the Republic of Ireland.
TRADELINKS is a partnership initiative between Enterprise NI, the network of local Enterprise Agencies, and the Border County Enterprise Boards and is supported by the EU Interreg 111A programme for Ireland/Northern Ireland, Invest NI, The International Fund for Ireland and the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment.
The TRADELINKS Programme is a wide-ranging suite of business support measures which is aimed at addressing barriers to trade by providing a framework for a co-ordinated intervention to support micro enterprises based in Northern Ireland and the Border Counties of the Republic of Ireland i.e. the ?Border Corridor?. This strategic approach is designed to support businesses displaying entrepreneurial flair, but which do not have access to a continuous programme of company development, to become more sustainable and competitive; and to generate greater added value, earnings and wealth within their host communities.
The Tradelinks Objectives are as follows:
* To increase the growth potential of indigenous micro businesses by enhancing exporting capability and employment generation opportunities,
* To encourage micro businesses to investigate the opportunities afforded by new technology i.e. e-commerce, internet marketing,
* To encourage micro businesses to engage in new market and new product development by establishing business to business links and business to education/research links.
* To encourage innovation by assisting micro businesses to adopt and implement new technologies and best practises.
* To create stronger partnerships between enterprise support agencies on both sides of the border.
Go to Tradelinks.[/url]