CIPS: The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply is a very unique and well known UK, European and international organisation for Purchasing and Procurement professionals’ excellence.
The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) is an international education and qualification body representing purchasing and supply chain professionals. It gained a Royal Charter in September 1992, the year of its Diamond Jubilee. It is the largest organisation of its kind in Europe and a central reference point worldwide on matters relating to purchasing and supply chain management. Its Professional Code of Ethics is the model for the international code and the domestic codes of many countries.
The Institute acts as a centre of excellence for the whole profession of purchasing and supply chain management. In particular, it works:
* continuously to improve the professional standards of practitioners
* to raise awareness of their contribution to corporate, national and international prosperity, and
* to represent the interests of individuals within the profession
The Institute’s Mission Statement is to:
* promote and represent the profession of purchasing and supply management, demonstrating the contribution it makes to national and international prosperity
* develop improved methods of purchasing and supply, promoting their use in all organisations
* promote and maintain high standards of skill, ability and integrity within the profession
* educate and develop the skills of individuals, ensuring relevant testing to demonstrate competence at appropriate grades within the profession
* promote the value of membership of the Institute