Since a couple of years now, Procuri is delivering web seminar in a regular basis. This is a great idea. I believe that distributing and sharing information through internet-based video will become a standard considering the amazing success of VOD (Video on Demand), YouTube and Co. Within 3 to 5 years for sure, describing products or services online with a video – but not only of course – will become a must or simply a competitive advantage. Anyway, the 6th of December, Procuri is hosting a webinar about the top 5 supply-strategies executives said their companies would implement within the next two years:
- Improve visibility into timely & accurate spend data,
- Impose policy and process changes to ensure compliance,
- Adopt technologies to enhance strategic sourcing performance,
- Adopt technologies to improve supplier performance management,
- Transition to centralized or center-led organizational structure.
Tim Minaham is the one to moderate and promote the event here and has issued on his blog – a couple of weeks ago already – a nice table relating those 5 strategies to root-issues and appropriate approach to put in place.
Though I feel this is correct, I would put things down a bit simplier, which might be incomplete but in another hand more direct (Dutch style!):
- Build your Strategic Sourcing tree with a Spend Analysis tool,
- Aggregate spending as much as you can,
- Use e-RFx and Reverse Auctions,
- Develop framework contracts and reduce Maverick Spends,
- Use a contract management tool.
‘Voilà’. To know more about Procuri Webinar, here it is.