Browsing consulting websites about Strategic Sourcing, I found this week this one, from Gartner. “They can help you no matter what phase you’re in!” they say:
- Sourcing Strategy: Take a good look at your enterprise and analyze the risks and benefits of sourcing.
- Evaluation & Selection: Define business requirements and identify partners that can meet your needs.
- Contract Development: Structure a partnership with defined service levels and payment models.
- Sourcing Management: Monitor your relationship and react to change effectively.
Gartner is offering to help you achieving different set of objectives as follow:
- Improve your productivity,
- Reduce or Contain Costs,
- Optimize Post-Merger or Acquisition integration,
- Select a technology provider,
- Re-bid or Re-negotiate,
- Evaluate Your Deal,
- Improve your Relationship with your core-suppliers.
What I appreciated is that for each of those objectives, Gartner has described straightforward (meaning readable!) benefits and approach.
To read more, click here.