Yeah-yeeees… Of course you know the difference between those 2 ‘high-buzzing’ concepts which are green procurement and Sustainable procurement. However, the more I read about it, the more I see Green instead of Sustainable or vice versa. Even in my posts…oups. So, for the sake of it, give me 2′ to refresh our mind.
GREEN Procurement means that contracting companies, authorities or entities take environmental issues into account when tendering for goods or services. The goal is to reduce the impact of the procurement on human health and the environment. Basic examples:
– energy efficient buildings
– environmentally friendly public transport
– recyclable paper
– organic food in canteens
– electric cars
– office equipment made of environmentally sustainable timber
– electricity stemming from renewable energy sources
– air conditioning systems complying with state-of-the-art environmental solutions
– energy efficient computers
Sustainable Procurement adds economical, social and ethical issues to environmental/health ones: it encompasses all
I am personally convinced that those 2 topics will be a ‘fuel’ for the economical growth of developed countries over the world.
An exciting journey is just starting.